KLA Everyday!!! EVERYDAY COUNTS. School success is directly related to attendance. Good attendance benefits your child’s education, raises your child’s chance to score well on tests, and your child learns more about responsibility each day that he/she attends school. Daily, on-time attendance in school is critical to your child’s success in school and in life. Below are action steps that you can take to help your child develop good attendance habits and overall have a rewarding school experience.
Make getting to school on time everyday a high priority in your family.
- Talk with your child about the importance of school attendance from an early age and the negative effects of too many absences.
- Have a back-up plan for getting your child to school when there are difficulties with transportation, family illness, or other challenges.
- Schedule family events and appointments during non-school hours.
- Monitor your child’s attendance; request school attendance records.
Please remember to:
- Notify the attendance office of student's absence immediately (within 24 hours) by phone or note. (619-263-9266 Ext. 3012)
- Allow your child to stay home ONLY when he/she has a contagious illness, fever or is vomiting.
- A medical excuse/note is required upon three days that a student is absent.
- When your child has a doctor/dental appointment in the middle of the school day, bring them to school before and after the appointment if possible.
- The penalty for arriving tardy to school without a valid excuse is lunch detention.
- Two emergency late arrivals are permitted per month.
- Absences not cleared after five days will be considered "Unexcused". (Please note our new policy on "Unexcused Absences").
Students will be released from school only to persons with a valid ID, and who are authorized to do so as indicated on their enrollment card.